Thu. Sep 28th, 2023


The Real News Network

Bloke doused in acid and shot in face by fuming boyfriend of ‘one-night stand’

2 min read

A man was shot in the face and doused in acid by the fuming boyfriend of a woman he had a "one-night stand" with, a court has heard.

Liam Smith, 38, was killed in a disturbing execution allegedly carried out by Michael Hillier, 39.

Hillier admitted causing Mr Smith's death but denies murdering him after he was "lured" out of his home last year and "executed" in a "well-orchestrated" plot on November 24, the Manchester Evening News reports.

Prosecutors say Hillier had "encouraged" and "assisted" in the attack at Kilburn Drive in Shevington, Wigan, in a gruesome targeting of Mr Smith, who was fatally shot in the face.

Sulfuric acid and soda crystals were then poured onto the face of Liam whose flesh was "burned away in areas where the acid made contact with his skin."

Rachel Fulstow, 37, also denies murder, manslaughter and perverting the course of justice, with both standing trial at Manchester's Minshull Street Crown Court.

Jason Pitter KC described the alleged murder as a "misplaced, misguided and wholly disproportionate act of revenge" for the one-night stand between Mr Smith and Ms Fulstow.

Mr Pitter said: "The fact and circumstances of that liaison played a role in sparking Hillier into action. It would appear that he was not happy about the fact of her having had a one night stand and was led to believe that she had been raped.

"She was to go on to say that she believed that she had not consented to have sex with Liam Smith on that night in the hotel in York which she had booked.

"However, even if that is right she had put it down to a 'misunderstanding' of the situation between them and that she herself held no ill feeling to Liam Smith."

Prosecutors claimed the loud bang heard at the scene was the fatal gunshot, and also that Fulstow had "played a full role" in the attack.

Hillier is believed to have shot Mr Smith in the face at around 6.40pm on November 24 and the 38-year-old is presumed to have died around 7pm.

Mr Pitter added: "He would have died very quickly and the fact serious injury having being caused would have been immediately apparent.

The trial, which is expected to last up to four weeks, continues.

Source: Read Full Article