Tue. Jun 6th, 2023


The Real News Network

Murder mystery of man shot by ‘Warhead’ assailant at a party 10 years ago

3 min read

The murder of a man who was shot at a house party by a mysterious assailant called “Warhead” remains unsolved 10 years on.

Jerome Edwards was just 23-years-old when he was shot at a party inside a flat in Southwell Road, Camberwell in London exactly 10 years ago today (April 14).

The shocking incident happened at 4.48am, and it was thought that around 100 people had been at the first floor party.

READ MORE: Ex-Wagner man claims colleagues beheaded Ukrainian soldiers in shocking admission

Another man was shot in the ankle outside the flat, but survived his injuries.

Jerome was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital but died last that morning.

Someone was charged with the murder two days later, and was tried in November of that year.

However, during the hearing he admitted that he was at the party, but was not the gunman.

He claimed that the shooter was known locally was “Warhead” – he was later released.

According to Unsolved Murders: “It was heard that the man had been identified as the gunman because of his '666' tattoos on his hands and the teardrop tattoos under his right eye.

“He had also been identified by his Mohican hairstyle that had a yellow patch.

“He was said to have been the leader of the 'Sick Head' gang.”

  • 'Mystery caller' trying to lure woman claiming to be Madeleine McCann to Portugal

It had been mooted that Jerome was a victim of a gang shooting gone wrong and that he wasn't the intended target.

In 2009, four years before the shooting, seven members of the Sick Head gang were jailed for a combined 27 years after a string of 170 offences across three counties, mainly involving breaking into and stealing from homes and businesses.

Not much else is know about the gang, and no mention of them exists after the man charged with the murder mentioned Warehead in court.

  • ‘Men being castrated live in front of paying audiences’ as 9 charged over sick vids

At the time, the Met Police's Det Ch Insp Glen Lloyd said: "We are trying to piece together the circumstances around both incidents.

“We believe there could have been anything up to 100 people at the party and I am keen to speak to anyone who was inside the flat in Southwell Road; anyone who was in the street outside or anyone who was driving in the area after 4am on Sunday morning.”

The case appears to have gone cold, with nobody being arrested or charged for the murder since late 2013.

The Daily Star has reached out to the Metropolitan Police for an update.

To get more stories from Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.


  • For more of the latest news from the world of the Daily Star, check out our homepage
  • Putin's war crimes beamed into Belarus with giant screen and speakers on Ukraine border

  • Surge in Russians ringing 'I Want To Live' hotline as soldiers run from 'slaughter'

  • ‘UK's most dangerous street’ where £1m of drugs were sold every month unrecognisable now

  • Massive asteroid the size of 765 Mia Khalifas set to slam into Earth's orbit tomorrow

Source: Read Full Article