Bookies slash odds on Prince Harry not attending coronation after eviction row2 min read
Bookies reckon Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could skip King Charles' coronation after they were evicted from their royal residence.
Bookmakers at William Hill have slashed the odds of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex snubbing the lavish event on May 6 after it was confirmed the pair had been asked to "vacate Frogmore Cottage" on Wednesday (March 1).
The odds of Harry not attending are now 2/7, down from 11/8 last month – while his price to make an appearance at Westminster Abbey have skyrocketed from 8/15 last month to 5/2 today.
READ MORE: Prince Harry and Meghan's team confirm their royal booting from Frogmore Cottage
Lee Phelps, a spokesperson for William Hill, said: "Following the King’s request for the couple to vacate Frogmore Cottage on Wednesday, there now seems to be even more doubt over the Duke of Sussex’s presence at this year's Coronation."
Yesterday, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess confirmed the pair had been asked to leave their property at Windsor after days of speculation, leaving them "stunned".
They said: "We can confirm The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage."
According to sources close to the couple, they were originally given just weeks to pack up their belongings, but now have until just after the coronation to move out.
King Charles in 'messy all-out war' with Harry and Meghan after 'provocative move'
But despite the alleged deadline extension it is understood the couple haven't taken the news well, and one pal of the Sussexes said the 10-bed home was "only place that’s left as a safe space" in the UK for their family.
Meghan's friend and author of the book Finding Freedom, Omid Scobie, added: "It all feels very final and like a cruel punishment.
"It’s like [the family] want to cut them out of the picture for good.
"It’s news, sources tell me, that has left Harry and Meghan stunned, and at least two members of the Royal Family 'appalled'."
Speculation over whether the Sussexes will attend the coronation has been rife since the date for the historic celebration was set, but official sources have said they expect "both Harry and Meghan will definitely come".
"They’re on the list and planning is well underway to make sure the proceedings run as smooth as possible – without any drama," a source previously claimed.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Harry and Meghan 'stunned at King Charles' final punishment' of kicking them out
King Charles has been 'hit beyond hard' by Prince Harry's Spare revelations
Meghan Markle was 'ignorant' about reality of royal working life, expert claims
Kate Middleton ‘no longer joined at William’s hip’ as she nows takes ‘centre stage’
Source: Read Full Article