Boris Johnson's 'Christmas party crisis' has deepened after it emerged that his Tory aides had a big knees-up while the public suffered under Covid-19 coronavirus restrictions last December.
A Conservative Party spokesperson admitted to The Times last night that a bash was thrown days before the alleged No 10 Christmas party, which is said to have breached lockdown rules.
It's said the bash was for Shaun Bailey’s mayoral campaign and held at their Westminster headquarters on December 14 — when the capital was under Tier 2 restrictions.
Aides from Boris' government were at the event, which reportedly saw attendees dancing and drinking wine well into the early hours, despite indoor social gatherings being banned at the time.
The shindig in the basement of the building took place only days before the reported 'cheese and wine' festive party at Number 10 Downing Street amid fears it breached rules set in place at the time.
The government came under mounting pressure this week after it initially denied it having ever taken place.
The Prime Minister apologised and a senior aide was yesterday forced to quit after leaked footage showed Number 10 staff joking about the alleged party.
The alleged party and cover-up have incensed many families who were unable to see sick and dying relatives at the time.
Responding to the new allegations, a Tory spokesman said: “Senior CCHQ (Conservative Campaign Headquarters) staff became aware of an unauthorised social gathering in the basement of Matthew Parker Street organised by the Bailey campaign on the evening of December 14."
“Formal disciplinary action was taken against the four CCHQ staff who were seconded to the Bailey campaign”.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Boris Johnson's former communications director Dominic Cummings created more woe for the Prime Minister on Wednesday when he claimed that even more parties took place in Downing Street last year than has been previously reported.
Writing on Twitter, Cummings alleged: "Will the [Cabinet Secretary] also be asked to investigate the *flat* party on Fri 13 Nov, the other flat parties, & the flat's 'bubble' policy…?"
The Metropolitan Police has said it will not investigate allegations of the reported December 18 party at Downing Street, as there is “absence of evidence”.
The Daily Star has contacted the force for comment on the new December 14 party reports.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article