A 16-year-old boy has died after suffering a heart attack while walking around an alleged "haunted house" in Malaysia.
The boy, who has not been named, was visiting the attraction in Bentong in the state of Pahang with a friend when he went into cardiac arrest on December 1.
According to Malaysian publication Kosmo, the boy began feeling unwell in the house and reportedly collapsed.
Footage of the incident was taken and uploaded onto social media.
The video is almost three minutes long and shows the unconscious teenager being taken out of the house.
He was reported to be very pale and did not respond while he was being treated.
The boy was visiting the house, which is located in a popular tourist area, while on holiday with his friend’s family.
As reported by AsiaOne, Bentong District Police Chief, Superintendent Zaiham Mohd Kahar said they classified the incident as a sudden death and the body of the boy was sent to Melaka, where he lived.
Superintendent Zaiham also confirmed that the autopsy on the boy showed he had a perforated heart.
Horrified TikToker shares what happens 'if they spend too long at the toilet'
It is unknown whether the boy or his family knew of the condition.
According to non-profit medical centre Cleveland Clinic, unexpected scares can trigger heart attacks in people but it is still quite rare.
The main people at risk of having a heart attack from a sudden scare, which is medically known as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, are those who already have a heart condition.
Venomous cobra rescued after being found with its head stuck in discarded beer can
For the latest breaking news and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Cardiac surgeon A. Marc Gillinov, MD. said: “Whether you have heart disease or not, the likelihood of sudden death from a scare is incredibly rare.
“Unfortunately, it’s difficult to predict who is more likely to have such an event. And while we can’t control unexpected incidents that may cause us to be scared, living with limited stress triggers is obviously a good idea in order to avoid the onset of these kinds of sudden heart conditions.”
Source: Read Full Article