Thu. Dec 9th, 2021

NEWS ABOUT RELAXATION

The Real News Network

Teen pretended to be suicide bomber to terrify diners and put it on YouTube

2 min read

A warped teenager pretended to be a suicide bomber before petrifying diners as they ate their meals, a court heard.

The self-proclaimed incel faces up to five years in prison after pleading guilty to terrorising diners with a bomb threat at a restaurant earlier this year.

Malik Sanchez, 19, livestreamed on YouTube on Valentine's Day (February 14) and pretended to be a suicide bomber as he walked to an outdoor dining area at a Flatiron diner in Manhattan of New York City, US.

In the video, he talked behind the camera, saying: "Let's enhance their meal.'

As soon as he approached a couple, he repeatedly shouted "Allahu Akbar!" until the women left the table and ran out of the tent.

"Bomb detonation in two, in two minutes. I take you with me and I kill all you," he said.

"I kill all you right now. And I kill all you for Allah. F***, f*** that s***. I'm gonna Allah. I'm gonna do it…Bomb now."

He then ran across the street and fled the scene while giggling: "Yo, all of them scattered. That was f***ing five stars."

Sanchez self-identifies as an "involuntary celibate" or "incel", a mostly online group of individuals, primarily men, who believe society unjustly denies them sexual or romantic attention, prosecutors say.

He had previously been arrested for scaling the Queensboro Bridge and pepper spraying at least five people during other livestreamed stunts.

At a court hearing in May, Judge Colleen McMahon said: "The first thing I thought was, this is a kid who needs to be seeing a psychiatrist, this is somebody who needs mental health counselling.

"I've seen the crime. I've seen it, because he videotaped it, and he broadcast it on YouTube and it's disgusting. It's juvenile, it's puerile, it's deeply troubling, but it's bailable.

For more stories from the Daily Star, sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"Anybody who thinks what I saw in the video was funny is definitely in need of mental health care, definitely."

On Friday (November 12), Damian Williams, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced that Sanchez pleaded guilty to one count of conveying false and misleading information and hoaxes.

The offence carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

He is scheduled to be sentenced by Judy McMahon in February.

Source: Read Full Article