Mon. Nov 28th, 2022


The Real News Network

Married Central City firefighters die from carbon monoxide poisoning

1 min read

Two married Central City firefighters died from carbon monoxide poisoning in their home, the Gilpin County Sheriff’s office said Friday.

Shelby Allen, 27, and Cody Allen, 29, were found dead in their Central City home Friday after the sheriff’s office was asked to perform a welfare check. The coroner determined Saturday that the pair, who were found on the third floor of their town home, died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the sheriff’s office, which said it is still investigating the deaths.

The young couple both worked at the Central City Fire Department. Cody Allen had been recently hired as a full-time lieutenant after volunteering with the department since 2009, and Shelby Allen had volunteered as a firefighter there since 2016, according to the sheriff’s office.

“Both Cody and Shelby’s families have been members of this community for many, many years,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement. “They grew up in Gilpin County, met, married two years ago and were looking forward to raising their family right here in Gilpin.”

The source of the carbon monoxide is under investigation, county spokeswoman Cherokee Blake said. She said the fatal poisoning appears accidental and no foul play is suspected.

Source: Read Full Article