A young brother and sister killed in a devastating house fire have been pictured.
Sienna Horton, seven, and her three-year-old brother Isaac were killed in the blaze at their home in Eynesbury, Cambridgeshire at around 7pm on Thursday, December 10.
Their mother, 35-year-old Jade Horton, was forced to jump to safety from a window on the top floor of their three-storey home, reportedly suffering "life-changing injuries" in the process.
The former prison custody officer had only recently moved to the area.
Jade's Facebook account has pictures of Sienna hugging her younger brother as she beams with pride.
In one heart-wrenching image, Jade can be seen smiling broadly as she rides a merry-go-round with her daughter.
Sienna and Isaac were pronounced dead at the scene while their mum was rushed to hospital with broken bones.
A 46-year-old man – which MailOnline reports is the children's step-father – suffered minor injuries as he dashed inside to save them.
Police said on Friday the most likely cause of the inferno was an electrical fault in a first-floor bedroom.
They added the blaze was not due to Christmas lights and wasn't currently being treated as suspicious.
At least 'five seriously injured' in huge fire inside industrial warehouse
Jade's nephew Jordan Davies confirmed the names of his cousins as he arrived at the scene to lay flowers.
Clearly emotional, he said: "As far as I understand it, it was just a horrible accident. I don't think it was suspicious."
He declined to name the children's father or Jade's current partner.
Speaking from her mother Viviane's home in Uppingham, Rutland, her sister Nicky said she didn't know about Jade's condition.
Apocalyptic moment thousands of New Year's fireworks explode as store goes up in flames
Police said there were no suspicious circumstances and a file is currently in the process of being handed to the coroner.
A specially-trained "fire dog" with protective "booties" was taken into the house.
They can sniff out the source of a fire and determine if accelerants such as fuel were used to cause a blaze.
Fire officers laid flowers and stood in silence as they paid tribute.
Windows on the terraced home's second and third floors were completely burnt-out, while the rooms inside were blackened.
The house is on a modern estate near the town of St Neots, around 26 miles west of Cambridge.
In a GoFundMe page set up to support the family, friend Angela Russell said: "The mum is at hospital with broken bones after having to jump from the window, and devastatingly the 2 children 3 & 8 [sic] didn't survive.
"The stepdad is also receiving medical help after rushing home to try and gain access to save the children."
Neighbour Charles Cooper said it took "a good three or four hours" for fire crews to put the blaze out completely.
Source: Read Full Article