Wed. Dec 7th, 2022


The Real News Network

Family crushed as ‘beautiful’ girl, 2, dies after choking on sausage at nursery

2 min read

A family has been left devastated after their "beautiful princess" daughter choked on a sausage at nursery and died aged just two.

Sadie Salt was rushed to hospital after the "tragic accident" on Thursday, November 14, while having her lunch at a nursery in Radlett, Herts.

She died two days later after being treated in intensive care.

Her family – parents Zoe and Adam and two brothers Zachary and Joshua – are all in "terrible pain" as they try to come to terms with the heartbreaking loss, Herts Live reports.

They have launched a fundraising page where an amazing £51,000 has already been raised for the charity COSMIC, who support children's intensive care to help critically ill children and parents.

Her parents commended the "outstanding" care they provided Sadie and the family in what was an incredibly difficult time.

They said they are "devastated".

A statement said: "We are devastated to have lost our beautiful Sadie on Saturday 14th November. Sadie spent two days in St Mary's Hospital paediatric ICU where the case she, mummy and daddy was incredible.

"The team at the ICU was beyond amazing and the care for Sadie and the support for us was outstanding.

  • Kim Jong-un's rich playboy nephew disappears after 'secret meeting with CIA'

"They do an amazing job and fully deserve all the support they can get.

"We are in terrible pain as we suffer the untimely loss of our daughter and sister, but the huge support of love from you all has been overwhelming. We are so proud to tell you that she was able to help others by donating vital organs to go on and save lives.

"Please show your love and support for Sadie and us by giving to this wonderful charity. It means so much to us all and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you all for thinking of us."

Hertfordshire Police have confirmed multiple agencies are investigating the circumstance surrounding Sadie's death.

Source: Read Full Article